Monday, February 7, 2011

Lampage

Finally! New Lamps for the Living Room! The ones I had were very nice when my Aunt gave them to my as a house-warming gift when I moved to Alabama from my mom's house in Michigan.... almost 7 years ago! They have been spray painted, banished to the garage, brought back, spray painted again, shades changed, shades changed back.... here's what they looked like Saturday:
I know, I know... the feathers on the top are different, but hey, they worked for our room... when it was gold.... and red... Now it's green and brown.... I just wasn't feeling them in the newly painted living room...Saturday, we just HAPPENED to be in Vestavia Hills for a YAC team meeting, and I had been reading all the great finds my friends over at my favorite blog find at Home Goods, so I had to woe my husband to the nearest one after the meeting. I found a few things I loved, but nothing I couldn't live without...
UNTIL, I walked around the very last isle back in the very left hand corner and saw this:

Yes, I am a thrifty shopper...and I must admit, I DO enjoy when "Clarence" visits. So, this is what they look like in the living room: (yes, with the Clearance tag still hanging on them! I had to enjoy the steal I got on them ($29!!))


They look brown when they are lit, but blueish greenish (yes, thats a color!) when not lit.
I do realize I haven't posted after pictures since I painted the living room and purchased a new sofa... I will do that soon!

2 comments: