Sunday, December 12, 2010

He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a Tree

What a wonderful time of year it is! A time to celebrate our Dear Saviors Birth!!!! Thank the good Lord that we don't have to find Christmas under a tree... but remember that this time of year is to celebrate our dear Lord Jesus. When I saw Thrifty Decor Chick requesting Christmas tree pictures, I thought it was the perfect excuse to take some pictures of ours! The first year I lived on my own, I bought a real tree from Marvin's for less than $20...it was a beautiful tree! I bought a few very cheap sets of lights, and put them on there. I couldn't afford ornaments, so every Christmas card I got I put it on the tree....I did that again the 2nd Christmas I lived on my own, finally the 3rd year I was engaged, inherited some ornaments from family and friends, and was actually able to buy a few! Then when I graduated college Kevin's aunt and cousin generously gave me LOTS of Green ornaments.... So, we've collected ornaments over a period of several years... put still put SOME cards on the tree! Our tree isn't anything special (we always get a real one, and this year is the first year it hasn't been TOO fat!) but it's ours... and we love it! So...here it is: (note the overgrowth that we didn't cut off from under the angel! ;) )
This is one of my favorite ornaments, I made it last year at a church function:
Well... That's all I have for tonight! Hope everyone is having a joyous Holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment