Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bedroom Progress

In the last couple weeks, we've made some pretty good progress in the bedroom...!!! Wait....that doesn't sound right, I mean... I've made some progress in DECORATING the bedroom, yeah... So, here's what we started out with...
After some major indecisiveness with the paint color (read more here)...I started to make some progress. I had posted this picture on my favorite blogs (younghouselove)'s facebook page for suggestions...in which I got "stain the bed dark", "find a taller night stand", "keep the yellow color on the walls" (which was actually a tan color) & "get rid of the shrimpy bookcase on the other side of the bed" (which I agree was a TOTAL eyesore!).
So... I got rid of the bookcase, created a taller nightstand (read more here) painted the walls, raised the curtain rod and replaced the curtains.
There is still some more work to do, I would like to get a new bed, contemplating a dark cherry like color, or an upholstered bed (not just a headboard, because we have a spoiled dog that won't sleep at the end of the bed without a foot-board! ha!) But that will take some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment